Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Impatient me

I can't help it. I am and have always been pretty darn impatient. I work on it daily, but sometimes I give in to my impatientness (yeah, I know that is not a word, but I couldn't think of a better real word) So when I read that you can technically find out the sex of your baby at 14 weeks with 99.9% accuracy in a 4D ultrasound that was enough for me to schedule the appointment asap. Otherwise I don't see my Dr. until 3 weeks from now. Jordan thinks its silly that I can't wait and that I should save the 50 bucks that is costs to get the ultrasound and buy something for the baby with it...3 weeks from now....BUT I told him I have my reasons, that it is not just my impatient nature taking over... We have a trip to New York coming up and in case I run into any great shopping opportunities (I mean its NYC, its bound to happen) I'll need to know what to shop for, or at least be able to get a thing or two for the little one that contains either blue or pink. I know, its not a great reason to find out early, but I do have one more. My mom is going to throw me a shower in August since thats the last time I will be back home in Seattle for a while. My sister will be coming home from her mission after being gone a year and half so I will have family in town too! YAY! And in order for her to get invitations ready and mailed etc she needs to know if its going to be a boy or a girl! And my mom is much like myself in that she is quite the procrastinator so I am helping her out by giving her a few weeks notice:) Isn't that nice of me? Hah. Well, either way, it will be nice to call the baby a 'he' or 'she' instead of 'it', or you know some sort of food like peanut or kumquat...yeah, in some book I read they compared your 12th week old fetus to the size of a kumquat and when I told Jordan that its a little kumquat, he said, ew, that sounds dirty. Haha, I guess he doesn't like the word or rather the fruit kumquat. And now, I don't either...thanks Jordan. Funny.
SOOOO, on Monday the 5th I have a noon appointment at the 4D ultrasound clinic to receive a gender determination package (that's what they call it). Here goes! And thanks J for playin' along and getting excited for Monday:) Cause' I sure am!!! I even have the energy to get excited now! No more throwing up! Thank goodness.

1 comment:

  1. I am waiting just as impatiently as you! AND you must know the gender before you go to NY to get all the great deals!!!

    ReplyDelete