Thursday, January 19, 2012

New Year, room for plenty of new things to go down.

Well it is a new year. Who thought 2011 would fly by so fast? I resolve to do a lot of things this year, one of which is to start up this whole blogging thing once again. So here we go. I'll update this past year gradually so that I don't overwhelm everyone within a single post. But who am I kidding? I don't think very many people read this blog, so I will just try to keep it up as a way of journaling.
Elsie turned one last month. I can't believe I have a one year old. She is the size of a two year old and I swear she just keeps getting cuter and smarter. She says mama and dada, buh bye, nana (banana), more, and nuh nuh for no no. She is a good litter signer too, always using her please and thank you signs, but more often 'more' and 'eat'--what can I say? She's my little piggy going on 28 pounds:) Love it.
Jordan is at UPenn-- Yay Ivy League schooling! Its hard and expensive but it'll be worth it--I mean hey, he'll have a Masters Degree in a little over a year plus he is still working full time, which makes for a hectic life, but monthly income is always a plus!
We moved out of our home for 6 months to rent it out to pay for school. We lived with our good friends in their home, renting out a room from them. Our tenants moved out a bit early and our friends moved away as well, so we decided to move back into our home. A lot of moving in under 6 months, but its good to be back, and it was nice being able to rent out our home for over 4,0oo buckeroos a month...I love my house but I must say I'll miss that monthly check! Plan is to work--soooo, that is what my fingers are crossed for. How about a commercial or two this year?! Pretty please? These past few months I have worked for MaryKay, Target, Oil of Olay, Silpada Jewelry and I did a segment on E news--not sure when or if it has aired yet though. So, it seems to be picking up! I also starred in my first feature length film in December--more to come on that! Elsie also starred in the film:) I may shoot another feature this summer--another lead role! It would be shot in Texas and will be incredibly different from this last film so that would be amazing and exciting to shoot two films in a year. So, things are looking up (I think) career wise for me. Its fun to work again, to be acting more--I may even try to do a play this spring...we'll see.
So there is a little update--I want to put up 12 pics of Elsie, one for each month of this past year and include some Birthday and Holiday pics as well in the next few posts. I'll get better at this blogging business...hopefully...
Here's to a Happy New year!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for blogging! And yay for a new year! I'm excited that you get to be back in that nice home of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Oh, there is so much to still do and unpack but its nice to have a place to call your own. I think I have been singing at the top of my lungs too much--something I find I can only do in my own space--hah! Elsie has picked up on it and likes to chime in here and there:)

    ReplyDelete